- Our Tours are fully private experiences, so stops and adjustments are made whenever you need and according to your own interests.
- Tours happen every day with the exception of the 25th of December and the 1st of January.
- Please try to be at the pickup location at least 15 minutes before the Tour starts.
- Please be aware that some tours include some short walking stretches, so we kindly advise the use of comfortable clothes and shoes.
- If you, or someone in your party, have any kind of medical condition, please warn us in advance.
- Our tour guides are professionals specialised in the areas of tourism and enology, with a deep knowledge of the Douro Valley history and its customs.
- They are native Portuguese speakers and also extremely fluent in English.
- In Summer, use light and comfortable clothing in breathable fabrics like cotton, linen or rayon, as the weather can be extremely hot on some occasions. For sun protection we advise on wearing a hat and carry a sun protection cream -Max. Temp. 34°C – 93ºF / Avg. Temp. 27°C – 81ºF / Min. Temp. 15°C – 59ºF.
- In Winter, use warm and comfortable clothing since the region reaches very low temperatures that time of the year – Min. Temp. 3°C – 37ºF / Avg. Temp. 8°C – 46ºF / Max. Temp. 11°C – 52ºF.
- If the forecasts predict rainfall, we recommend the use of waterproof clothing and an umbrella.
- We provide fresh mineral water and crackers throughout the day.
- A WiFi hotspot is available during the trip.
- Hand gel sanitizer is available on board.
Due to the Covid-19 situation we are forfeiting our usual deposit policy, as we are accepting reservations with no charge on all our standard experiences, bookable through our website platform.
The following cancellation fees apply only on bespoke or tailormade experiences:
- More than 7 days in advance: no cancellation fee;
- Less than 7 days or no show: 100% cancellation fee.
In the event that you need to cancel your booking, please notify us as soon as possible.
- 100% on the day of the tour for standard experiences, bookable through the website platform;
- 50% in advance for bespoke or tailormade experiences – remaining balance due at the end of the experience.
- Cash or Credit Card on the day of the tour;
- PayPal or Credit Card – Visa, MasterCard or American Express – for advance bookings.
- Children under 3: Free;
- Children from 4 to 13: 50% discount.
Clean & Safe
Establishment and services complying with health measures in Portugal.